Louisiana was a compromise since Michael had already been there twice and really didn't want to go back. The compromise was we took a train there since Michael loves trains. It actually worked out OK for me, since I seemed to had caught some kid of bug and slept probably 80% of the train ride. (Below Michael happy to be on the train, and a border stop in Texas)
Actually Michael changed his opinion of Louisiana and we had a fun time there visiting Cemeteries, Plantations, and taking swamp tours. Below, picture from the cemetery tour, they have to bury their dead above ground, the place where Katrina came over the bank, and Laura's Plantation that was built without any nails!
St Louis was just OK-probably because I had to site see on my own since Michael was there for work. I of course took in the arch, and crossed underneath it so I can say I now have officially crossed the gateway to the west. I also took in the Anheuser-Busch brewery tour and saw the clydalles, dalmatians and sampled the free beer.
The Arch
A View from Above there is a little pod car that lets you ride up the arch in the inside.
First pic of the court house where the Dred Scott case took place, the second,the ballpark and if you look closely Nestle Purina is on the left and Michael is inside somewhere.
The Beer Tour and a picture of my free beer- very tasty!
2 comments:
Hi Terri, glad to see you have a new posting. Thanks for the pictures, I always like seeing your trips. What trip is next???
I think the next trip should be to AZ! Just kidding-it's 110 here.
The boys loved their Louisiana postcards.
I toured the Busch brewery in Tampa, FL back when I was a kid. And the only reason my aunt and uncle did that was because it was a torrential downpour, so we had to get out of the rain in Busch Gardens. :) Needless to say, didn't get the free beer sample.
Good to see you posting again-we missed you!!! I kept checking like every other day!
Post a Comment