Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vacation Day 3

On the third day of vacation we drove to Wyoming to see Devil's Tower. It was the first National Monument in the U.S. Luckily Theodore Roosevelt made it a National Monument or it would of been mined for its stone. We walked around the tower which took about two hours, but we had a good time on the mini hike. This was my favorite thing on vacation- which you may guess due to the many pictures I will be posting of the tower. (The tower was made famous in the movie Close Encounters)











The scenery from the hike around Devil's Tower


Also this day we visited a fish hatchery-not too exciting. And visited the town of Deadwood which was the place that Wild Bill Hickok was shot.

4 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

I remember seeing Devil's Tower in old westerns that I am forced to watch when Mac takes control of the remote control and glides to the Western Channel...but I really love that Close Encounters comes to mind more often than not. Love these shots, well done!
Sandi

Michelle Quinno said...

Devil's Tower looks so cool!! I remember it from Close Encounters.

You are an amazing photographer!

Carver said...

WOw that is amazing. I'm enjoying this series so much.

Nancy Face said...

WOW! Your vacation pictures are awesome...such beautiful scenery! I've never seen a buffalo! And I didn't know Deadwood was a real town! :)