
First off -Happy 4th of July everyone! We spent the day in Washington D.C and went to the Lincoln Memorial, and visited the White House. But more on this vacation when I finish the SD vaca.
On the 4th day we drove to the badlands. They are named the badlands since there is very little water and hard to grow anything there. Hense not very plush looking pictures.
After the bad lands we went to the Ellsworth Airforce Base and then we had dinner in Rapid City. The town of Rapid City has real life sculptors of all the presidents on different corners. That is where I learned the fun fact that there was a 3rd president who died on July 4th. Not just the two named in the previous blog. I'll give you a hint he was the 5th president :)
While you are thinking here are pictures of the badlands.






....and our 5th president: James Monroe
4 comments:
Your pictures paint such a dry picture, lol...ah, desert scenes...not as romantic as I once thought! Thanks for sharing Theresa!
Sandi
Wow, that is amazing! So cool and your photos are fantastic, as always!
Great pictures, see I do read your blog
Hey, I don't know how else to send you a message.. hope you don't mind me leaving a note on here. I don't know if you remember me either since it has taken me a long time to realise that you commented on my blog.
Thanks for that by way :) But I was unsure what you meant about me being an old soul? Because I deffinatly don't have an old brain so I could quite work it out :P
About the homework I want to be a teacher when I am older :) so I understand about the importance of homework but do I enjoy it? Deffinatly not!
Post a Comment