Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Rest of the East Coast Tour

Hi All,

After Washington DC we went to NYC.

Now when visiting NYC you must remember that the smaller museums are closed on Mondays.
Michael planned the day for us however the plan quickly went by the waist-side when the two museums he scheduled for me to learn things in were not open. We had a nice walk in Central Park and then went to Canal Street (an open market that sells knock-off anything you would want) and had fun haggling with the vendors. We learned if you couldn't get them down by 40% it wasn't worth the purchase.


We then headed out to Long Island and visited with Michael's Family. We had two girls days- we went to a flick chick movie (The Proposal) while the boys took the kids to UP. Then we had a nice spa day together. *Although I dragged my camera everywhere I did not get one photo of these adventures.


Then on kid day we opted to spent nice day wine tasting with Chris and Kristen.





Then I took the train down to Wilmington DE to visited my friend Sue. We toured University of Delaware where we were roommates 27 years ago.



Then we spent 2 days in Atlantic City, NJ at the spa and the boardwalk. Fun facts of the trip was that the AC boardwalk was the first boardwalk in the US, because they needed a way to keep the sand out of the fancy building. It was also the place that salt water taffy was born.




2 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

I love the last photo....maybe to consider for your profile. You look so happy and obviously pampered, considering you hit the spa more than once.

Well, as junior project manager, I will remember to keep tabs on museum days and times.

I think you learned that you are my favorite sister-in-law. Wink, wink to my other two. :)

Glad you had a good visit with Sue!

Michelle Quinno said...

Looks and sounds like a great time to me! I love that last photo of you too!