Saturday, January 5, 2008

Photo Hunt: Delicious

I thought I would really have to hunt for a picture that I know I have from a Thanksgiving where we are all sitting in front of about 10 pies, for today's theme of DELICIOUS. But I got lucky, my mom who is staying with us decided to make one of the family favorites today- can you tell what they are?




They are perogies (before boiling), my grandmother used to make them for us all the time, and now I only have them about twice a year when either I am visiting my mother, or she is visiting me.

After they are done boiling, then a little butter, and very yummy!

8 comments:

Carver said...

I love perogies although I've never had any homemade ones. I bet they are delicious.

Linda Murphy said...

Okay, those look extra yummy. I love pierogies with lots of cheese and salsa. Yummy!

Jeni said...

Perogies - oh man - a meal after my heart for sure! Love 'em and so does the whole family. I've never made them from scratch - but I've had lots made from scratch cause this area there are a lot of folks here of Slovak ethnicity who do make them -fresh, like that ya know. I love 'em covered in butter with sauted onions and mushrooms over them too. Dang. Now you're post just made me really hungry for perogies! Shame on you! No, not really -enjoy 'em while you can, girl =then send your Mom here and have her show me how to do them up too.

Linda said...

OMG!! I haven't thought of pirogies for the longest time. First time I had them were in Pittsburgh, PA where they are very popular. I've never made them, but think I'll give it a try.

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh, Yum!! I love perogies but I've never had fresh ones, just frozen!

Dianne said...

Wow! they look so perfect. Kudos to Mom.

Shelby said...

yes, perfect!

Nancy Face said...

Delicious...oh, yes! :)