Thursday, January 3, 2008

Target Thursday & #45

Hi All,
Well it is that time of year where every one is making resolutions-I don't really like making the generic, eat better, lose weight, exercise more resolution, but I have to admit it is the one thing I want to continue to work on the whole year through.

When we went to Santa Fe, I actually lost 2 lbs, since we worked out every morning, and here we are on a hike. (Michael's favorite picture of the trip we were in Bandelier State Park)



Unfortunately when we came back, I got ready for my parents stay, which is an excuse to buy good stuff-- for them of course!-- but somehow I end up eating the goodies. So I regained those two pounds.

Hopefully I will be able to keep my resolution, since in all my years I have only been able to keep one- that was to go to the spa once a month (don't laugh that was tougher than it sounds, just to make time for yourself)

Net result for the past two weeks: even

---
And if you were wondering about #45 in the title, today I turned 45. So far I spent it going to the spa with my mom, and then out to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (I had a salad, and we split a slice of cheesecake.)

I came back to the cutest little message on my phone, a Happy Birthday song sung by my 3 year old nephew- now I am told that in practice he had all the words and NAME correct- but when it came time to say Happy Birthday dear______ well first the blank was filled in with grandma, then Aunt Suz - I just like to think he thinks of me as all the best people in his life rolled into one :)



One of my favorite picture of the soloist and the real Super Aunt Suz!

11 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

Happy Birthday to Fun Aunt Terri! We support you in your New Year Goal and I agree-scheduling time for yourself can be quite a challenge, even for fun spa time! We'll have to find some healthy appetizers for your visits with us.

Your nephew was soooo excited to wish you a Happy Birthday. He was saying "we need to make LOTS of wishes for Aunt Terri!"

Much love and big hugs on your special day. I have a special birthday blog in your honor too. :)

Linda Murphy said...

dvvvrbvbrb fbvfiyeuerrcrcttrgvdgvbdbvdgrbbvfhgvfhgfhd hgb bbebrghhh
cat bat

ian

Justabeachkat said...

Happy Happy Birthday sweet friend!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to my favorite, dear heart of a blogging buddy! I hope all of your wishes come true today, and always! *HUGS*

Jeni said...

I learned a little earlier tonight in my blog visitations that today was your special day so here I am to wish you a very Happy Birthday -and many, many more too! Trying to make time for yourself -never an easy goal at any time in one's life so try to get that one down pat now to where it becomes ingrained for you.

Michelle Quinno said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Teresa!! Hope it was a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Theresa
Great Goals for the coming year!
Lvya
Ma

Smalltown RN said...

WEll I had to stop by and wish you a Happy Birthday....Jeni speaks highly of you...so any blogger friend of Jeni's is a friend of mine....hope you had a super terrific day....

Nancy Face said...

That's a great picture of you in the snow! :)

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D
I am the same age as you...for a few weeks! (I turn 46 at the end of February.)

I ♥ Cheesecake Factory...and birthday songs over the phone! My family often performs those for our loved ones!

Dianne said...

yep, any friend of Jeni's is a new friend to have. Happy Birthday Theresa!

I love how you incorporate the photos into the posts - I'm still trying to get better at that.

I certainly know how hard it is to pamper yourself so good resolution - hope you continue to keep it. Funny - I just recently posted about how hard it is for me to go get hair/nails done. We are all so much alike.

As Arnold said - "I'll be back"

Carver said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you have a wonderful year and best of luck with your goals. Cheers, Carver