Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years!!!!

Hi, Hope every one had a fun New Year's and had a good start to their 2008!
Since we moved to California ten years ago, 8 of our 10 New Year's Days have been spent at the Rose Bowl Parade. Two years we we have ridden our bikes to the parade, that is how close it comes to our house. This year my parents came to visit so we got seats in the stands. Here is a picture of my mom, dad, and myself at the 119th Rose Parade.




Here is Sierra Madre's float (the town I live in) It won the Princess Trophy. It is one of only eight floats that are made by community members, and not a float company. One of my goals is to work on the float someday.


TV really doesn't do the floats justice, they are pretty incredible knowing that they need to be be only covered with some kind of plant life.

After the parade we came home and had our traditional meal of Pork Chops & Sauerkraut.


May your 2008 be GREAT!!

9 comments:

Jeni said...

Wow! A guy I e-mail with who lives someplace in California but be darned if I know where, wrote me today and was telling me his wife worked on a Community float there. She was supposed to work on the Lutheran Thrivent Float but ended up working on a community float. Now, I know you and your parents were AT THE PARADE and that to me is just incredible that I "know" (vicariously, ok) two people who were at the parade and one who worked on a float and another who wants to work on a float in the future. I can make a "small world" story out of that can't I?
Happy New Year to you and Michael and also, to your Mom and Dad! Good to see you too also dined on the traditional (Pennasylvania anyway) Pork and sauerkraut. We always have that too!

Linda Murphy said...

Wow, looks like a wonderful start to the New Year. I would love to take the boys when they are old enough to enjoy the floats.

Happy New Year to all and hugs to your mom and dad, since we didn't get to see them this year.

Anonymous said...

I clapped and thought of you when they announced Sierra Madre's float won the award. Anaheim's float won one, too! Aren't you proud of our two cities? I sure am! Looks you all had a great time! Happy New Year's! *HUGS & SMILES*

Nancy Face said...

I LOVE the Rose Bowl Parade! How cool that it's right there, and that you've been to it 80% of the time! That's a great picture with your parents! :)

I can't even believe the beauty of Sierra Madre's float! No wonder it won a trophy!

HAPPY, HAPPY 2008! :)

Carver said...

Hi Theresa,
That's so cool that you were there with your parents. I love the photograph and you all look great. Wishing you a great new year ahead.

Linda said...

Someday I would love to see the Rose Parade in person. Happy New Year!!

Michelle Quinno said...

that is an incredible float! I hope you do get to work on it someday.

Justabeachkat said...

Great photo of you and your parents. What a fun thing to do together. I'd love to watch the parade in person one year. I can only imagine how gorgeous they are in person.

Hugs!
Kat

Renee said...

Oh, wow! It looks like a wonderful time!