Sunday, December 30, 2007

How we spent Christmas

We spent Christmas in Santa Fe, the first day we got there it snowed and I was all excited. Then the next day we took a walking tour, and came to this old church. It is where I decided we would go to mid-night mass, they said they sang Christmas music the hour before, and I love church Christmas songs, so I was very excited to go.

Then we found out that there was a pre-event at 10:30 so to get a seat for mid-night mass you needed to arrive about 10:15- this seemed ok to me, but Michael wasn't quite sure. So we decided to get up early and go to the 8:00 am mass instead. The 8:00 am mass was in Spanish-but my mother once told me she liked going to the Spanish mass- so I thought I would too.



So off I went to the Spanish mass, good thing I know mass by heart or I would of been clueless.
(No I do not know those people who wandered into my picture, for some reason I could not photo shop them out)

After mass we went skiing and had a really good time. It snowed a few drops, which made me happy, since I haven't had snow on Christmas for a long time :)


---
also I would like to give a shout out to my mother-in-law who is celebrating her birthday today.

Here is a picture of her in all her glory babysitting her grandchildren (this was on day 2 and 1/2 of watching the two little ones). Ok she might not have the look of being in glory, but I have always liked this picture, of her rocking both her grandchildren-such talent!


Happy Birthday Sheila!

11 comments:

Shelby said...

Loved this!! Happy day today :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful church! I'm glad you got your Christmas Day snow and please wish your MIL a "Happy birthday" for me...December appears to be a big bday month for your family, too. *HUGS*

Carver said...

I love the shot of the church and of your mother in law too. Good to hear about your Christmas. Sounds great and I'm glad you also got to see a few snow flakes on Christmas day. Wishing you all the best in the New year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Happy Birthday blog Love you my Number 1 daughter in law
Sheila

Linda Murphy said...

Oooh, a Mass in Spanish-that would be interesting! Of course, I would have no idea what to say in either language, but I hope it was nice for you.

I am happy that you had some snow on Christmas and that you were able to go skiing. Nothing like a white Christmas!

I forgot about that picture of Sheila with the two boys. I wonder how she had four of them. Happy Birthday to my MIL from the Number 2 daughter-in-law.

Renee said...

What a beatiful church! Glad to hear you all had such a wonderful holiday!

Happy New Years!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Michelle Quinno said...

Such a pretty church! I'd love to hear a Spanish mass. I'd only get about half of it but it would be cool!

And Happy Birthday to your MIL.

Happy New Year!

Jeni said...

The church photo is so pretty -very quaint, you know. The pre-service special event sounds like what our church usually has prior to the late nite Christmas eve service - generally special music from a father and daughter in our congregation -he has a beautiful tenor voice and the daughter is an absolutely fantastic soprano -even has her PhD in music, vocal, operatic, etc. Superb musicians, both of them. Not this year though as the father has been ill, the mother also and the daughter -pregnant with her first child, due in February I believe, so a trip from California to PA for the holiday wasn't in their cards. I don't know why though but the pic of your mil and the nephews didn't come through - probably some glitch with my stinking dial-up!
Happy New Year to you and Michael and I'm so glad you found me! Or, did I find you? Don't know, don't care, just glad you're here!

Linda said...

What a great church! I've always loved southwestern architecture. And, you had snow on Christmas Day! It was fairly warm here.

Hope you have a happy New Year!!

Nancy Face said...

The old church in Santa Fe is just beautiful, and I love the snow! I hope you and Michael enjoyed the morning mass (even though it WAS in Spanish), and I hope it included some great Christmas music!

Fun picture of your mother-in-law...happy birthday to her! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

Justabeachkat said...

As a grandmother myself, I can really appreciate the photo of your sweet MIL. Happy Birthday to Miss Sheila!

That's a gorgeous church! Wow.

Wishing the best in 2008!
Hugs!
Kat