Monday, December 17, 2007

Memory (instead of Menu) Monday

Even though I had a good menu plan last week, this week due to the holiday season it just doesn't lend itself to cooking. Tonight we ordered Pizza & Wings. Hopefully I'll be healthier the rest of the week.
Michelle is doing Christmas memories all this month which I have been enjoying reading. So I decided to do a memory too, instead of a menu.

So do you remember believing in Santa? Here I am with Santa at 2 yrs ll months. I don't know if I even knew who's lap I was sitting on. But I do remember where that picture was taken. It was taken in the basement of Holy Angels (not Angles like it said on my wedding invitations-I do love math and I am such a bad speller!)

...Anyway, the church basement was where the Christmas Bazaar was held every year, it was always so much fun to go to. My mother was in charge of getting Santa for the bazaar one year. She managed to get a police officer to play the part. (He loved it so much, he was Santa for other functions too.)

Well since my mother was in charge of getting Santa, she was also in charge of the "Suit". So since the suit was at our house, my dad dressed up as Santa and knocked at one of our back windows.

The only thing I remember is Santa running in the back yard, however the story goes, as Santa/dad peeked into the window, my sister said, "He has blue eyes just like daddy!"

7 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

I love that story with your dad running in the back yard. It's so cute and what a great line from your sister.

Unfortunately, I was the kid who told others that Santa wasn't real. My mom didn't really allow me to believe in Santa, although she occasionally wrapped a present from him, she didn't really make a big deal.

Of course, this week, Santa is "stopping by" to check on Ian to see if he is asleep. It worked last night, but tonight, he is lucky if Santa will keep him on the list. Seriously.

Jeni said...

No pictures here of me with Santa - they barely had film back in those days ya know. But I remember one Christmas with my cousins as we all raced from window to window watching Santa strolling around the yard to the back of the house. Several years later I figured out who that Santa had been - my Mom's younger brother so that had to be the Christmas of 1947 when I was 3 years old - probably my earliest memory too! But it was such a vivid occasion it has lasted now for 60 years.

Michelle Quinno said...

What an adorable photo!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Ooops, hit submit before I finished.

I'm so glad you played along. That was a cute memory! Too funny about your sister noticing the eyes.

Carver said...

What a lovely story and a great shot of you with Santa.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

That's an awesome photo and a great memory! I am always so impressed that anyone can remember things from so early in their childhood. Heck, I can't remember things from high school and college, LOL! :)

I am looking forward to getting pizza this weekend - yummy! Just hang out this week and next and then we'll all get back on track with our menus and eating after New Years. :)

Nancy Face said...

Hey, don't feel bad about the spelling...you know how to spell BAZAAR!

That's such a cute Christmas memory! I never believed in Santa, because my parents told us he wasn't real, but we had wonderful Christmases anyway! I never said anything to spoil the magic for my friends. Then I grew up and became a mom, and that's when I started believing in Santa! ;)