My first week of blogging I was just writing stuff and both Michael and Linda suggested I use pictures on my blog. So ever since I try to incorporate a picture with my theme of the day. This has caused me to take a look at old photo's lately, and this one when I looked carefully I was amazed.Now I know I have features of both my parents, however never to the point that I thought that's me. I was amazed how much my mom looks like the current me in this picture and she still has 5 years on me at this time (she was 50 when this picture was taken). Funny how it seemed to me she looked so much older back then to me, and now she looks kind of young to me!
9 comments:
I SO know what you mean! Funny how old people looked when we were so young! I wonder how my kids see me... weird!
Thanks for the sweet comment, Izzy is better this morning! :)
Oh Girl...I soooo know what you mean! I went back to my hometown recently and ran into some people I used to know. Oh my, they looked so old. Not me though, right? HA
Cute photo!
Christmas hugs!
Kat
I like the idea of putting a photo in with each post but considering my inability to make decisions - plus my difficulty in locating an appropriate picture to start with -I'd be forever and a day hunting a picture and by then, would have forgotten what topic I wanted to use for it.
Yep, 50 is sounding younger and younger to me every year...why is that? ;)
Great family photograph and I know exactly what you mean. Your mother looks young to me and I'm the age she was when that was taken. I don't think I'd blog at all without photographs so I'm with you about incorporating pictures with what you write about.
You definitely look just like her! My mom and I look alike too. Most people think she's my older sister. Grrrr...that makes her young and me.....OLD!
I really need to get some of my old photos scanned.
I have experienced that before! It's really weird, huh?! Great photo :)
You do look like both parents and I do see where you look like your mom now from that photo.
I love that you are adding lots of great photos-you are a much more creative blogger than I am!
You do look like your Mom! I'm enjoying all your photos and look forward to more.
Post a Comment