A LONG WAY DOWN



Look carefully in the last one and you see a "long" bungee cord too. Pictures taken of Michael 2004 at the "Bridge to Nowhere" . In the 30's during the war the were building escape routes through the mountains, however they never finished, and much of the road was washed away. So the only way to the bridge is hiking or horseback.
8 comments:
Bungee jumping freaks me out! I don't think I could try it :) Great idea for the theme! Happy photo hunting, and thanks so much for stopping by :)
I've never done that. Its one thing that I actually have no desire to do.
Neat area. Reminds me of the Royal Gorge outside of Pueblo, CO. Beautiful area to go to except I have a fear of heights. Yikes! Brave and daring, but not me. Now my husband that's another matter. He went Para Sailing (sp?). He also feels teh need for speed.
Peace out,
Ella
Those are great shots for the long theme. You and Michael are so brave. Skydiving, bungee jumping, and who knows what else. It's fun for me to see more about some of the exciting activities you all have done. I hope you are having a good weekend.
He is a brave man. I'd be nervous looking down, never mind bungee jumping!!!
I think you and your blue eyed monster are the most brave and daring people around! Yikes, I'd die if I tried that...you know , heart attack or something! ;)
Wow, you know it's funny, I'll jump out of airplanes but something about bungee jumping just terrifies me. Maybe it's the snap back up. I'm glad he enjoyed it though. ;)
That bridge looks similar to the New River Gorge Bridge in Fayetteville, WV, which is the world's longest span bridge. Once a year in Sept. they close the bridge and allow jumpers and people to just walk on the bridge. The event is called "Bridge Day".
Post a Comment