Thursday, December 6, 2007

Target Thursday

Ok I missed the past two thursdays, probably not a good thing because in my absence I gained three pounds-however to my defense there was Turkey day in there, and girls weekend, which has to include chocolate fondue!
The month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the hardest time for me to stay strong, too many festivities that I just have to partake in- however at least Michael and I are getting back to our walking regime tonight-the short days kill my inspiration (I am just full of excuses today-aren't I?)

Anyway I have new resolve, walking, and back to menu planning on Sunday, so hopefully I will have better news to report next week.

I leave you of a Christmas past memory of my sister and I decorating the tree in matching PJ's that my mom made us (remember I am the one with the bad hair)

9 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

What a cute photo!! Such memories.

I know what you mean about the Holidays...it's so hard to stay on track.

Hugs!
Kat

Linda Murphy said...

Love the cute pajamas. Yes, it is very hard to stay on track when someone schedules Melting Pot, Tokyo Wako, Johnny Rockets and secret Ding Dong stashes into Girls weekend.....I too am trying to eat better this week. :)

Glad you are back to your walks. Ian and I jumped and danced around, plus I danced in classes all day....I was surprised how energized I was from all of that!

Jeni said...

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas! Time to get up, get busy and play a little game of VIRAL TAG - come pick up the instructions at my place. You'll love it. You know you will!

Renee said...

How precious! Great memories. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have fun walking!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hello!! I wanted to stop by and thank you for coming and leaving your sweet comments about Simon!! That was a very hard thing for me to do since we had him since he was a tiny kitten. There was something not right about him. i was scared a lot of the time. hubby is having a time with this.
I really enjoyed reading your blog. Especially the one on your parents!! how nice that you had a wonderful childhood (despite your hair...smile). I guess we all get some of the BAD things from our parents and then we seem to give those to our children!!
You sound so happy. our son lives there in California now and has for sometime. We do not get to see him much living here in Ga. Miss him.
Sandy

Carver said...

That is an adorable photograph. My mom didn't sew but her mom did so my sisters who were close in age had a lot of cute outfits my grandmother made when they were young. The problem was when I got old enough to wear them, I had to wear them twice since they were in two sizes. My grandmother did make me a few of my own but that's the price I paid for being the baby girl. I think the trick when losing weight is to give yourself the holidays give or take a few pounds. As long as you don't gain back too much, I'd try not to worry too much.

Nancy Face said...

Your excuses make perfect sense to me...I'm right there with you! Some things are just too good to miss, but walking will really help!

That is the sweetest picture! :)

Michelle Quinno said...

hehe, that is so adorable!!

I need to get some of my old photos scanned!

Good luck getting back on track. It's so hard this time of year.

Linda said...

I love the old photos. What I miss in trimming a tree are the icicles. Why did we stop putting these wonderful things on our tree?

I've been so good about watching what I eat and of course my exercising. It's a tough time of the year.