Monday, December 10, 2007

Menu Monday

Ok, I feel good, I planned, I shopped, now I just got to follow the plan!


Today, Monday is my new recipe of Chicken Piccata, which was very tastey. (see below for a very easy recipe). I actually make two variations, the one that the recipe calls for, which is Michael's, and mine, which had no flour, no butter, no wine, now that one wasn't as tastey but hopefully it will be good for the scale.

The rest of the week:

Tuesday: Meat Balls with wheat pasta.
Wed: Applesauce Pork-Chops (Michael's favorite new recipe since I begun Menu Monday)
Thursday: Left Overs
Fri: Soup & Salad


Ingredients:4 skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat (An easy way: place chicken between two wax paper sheets)Flour to coat1 T olive oil1/4 cup drinking sherry or dry white wine 1 small onion, mincedJuice of 1 lemon, no seeds!1/2 cup chicken broth2 tablespoons butter1/4 cup Italian parsley3 T capersSalt and Pepper

PreparationCoat the chicken in flour and shake off excess.
Heat the olive oil in sauté pan over medium high heat.
Sauté the chicken about two minutes on each side, just until it is browned on the outside.
Add the wine or sherry to deglaze the pan, and scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan and it will be an integral part of the chicken picatta.
Add garlic and onions. Sauté for approximately three minutes.
Add the lemon juice, pepper, butter, chicken broth and capers, and sauté for approximately two minutes.
Add the chicken back in and sauté until the chicken is done, about five minutes.
Makes about 4 servings
Could anything be any easier than this chicken picatta recipe? I tell you, this only takes about 20 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice pilaf. And, it is really terrific!

6 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Gosh, that all sounds so good Theresa! I haven't had Chicken Piccata in ages and have never tried it at home. I bet those applesauce pork chops are good, is the recipe posted below somewhere? I won't do a lot of new recipes until January, but after the holidays, I hope to get some new ones in the rotation :)

Have a great day and a joyous holiday season!

Anonymous said...

When I hear pork chops and applesauce, I always think of the Brady Bunch episode where Peter is doing his impersonations and he says that line. Break out the fine china and crystal, my friend...you have a "politician" (me) coming for dinner on Wednesday! LOL!

Linda Murphy said...

Yum. I am sitting here hungry at 11:03pm, probably should get to bed before I start dreaming of chicken piccata....

Nancy Face said...

Yum...sounds delicious! I wish I liked cooking, haha! :D

Linda said...

This does sound good. I'm going to give it a try.

Michelle Quinno said...

Sounds like South Beach for you? That's what I try to stick with.

Have you tried coating your chicken with grated parm cheese? It helps.