Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday

I had to laugh at what Annie is having us travel back to today- A bad hair day- I giggled because I really have had a bad hair life.
Born with a cowl-lick in the back of my part, and one in the front of my part have wreaked havoc on my other wise very straight and thin hair. (Or maybe I was just born before my time, as the first punk-rocker)

When I was young my dad cut our hair, so their were many bad hair days then. Keep in mind he was a wood shop teacher.

When I was young I seem to always be wearing dresses, maybe that was my mom's way to stop the comments, "What a cute boy you have". Now don't confuse me with the abundant wavy hair girl standing next to me- that would be my sister who stole all the hair genes from my dad
.




Then when we were old enough to use scissors, I thought I give it a shot (not recommended-leaves zig zag effects to the bangs)

But the worse was when I was in college. I wore my hair short due to swimming. So I warned the hair dresser about the above mentioned problem areas-but she did not seemed concerned. That was until she blew dried my hair, next thing she was rewetting my hair giving it another go, I was cringing at this point, so the next time she rewetted my hair she turned me around, away from the mirror. Well when that try didn't work, she handed me the blow dryer and asked me to try.


I have a habit of throwing away, or deleting any really bad pictures of me, so you will just have to trust me when I say I have had a bad hair life.

13 comments:

Annie said...

I'm sorry but I had to chuckle when you said your dad cut your hair! (especially that he was a wood shop teacher)... The pics look cute to me though!
Thanks for playing!
blessings~
Annie

Annie said...

(replying to your comment about the cards)...
Yes, I have lots... but none that are "just right"... anyway, that one was at Disney MGM in the chronicles of Narnia set.

Jeni said...

No matter how I have my hair done, there is NO hair style that will ever work on me with the "Windblown" effect! Some people can have their hair done just about anyway you can imagine, the wind can blow and they still look great. Let the wind even think of a tiny gust in my direction and any "style" I may have had (Probably didn't though) is gone then and there!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I have a cowlick right front center on both sides. So, I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

I just love the first picture of you...how cute! I have fine hair, too, but it's sort of wavy and gets so unmanageable at times. Don't like it shorter than my neck, though, because then I look like a q-tip! LOL! It's currently just below the middle of my back!

Anonymous said...

BTW, my hair color is black with brownish red strands throughout...no blonde for me, thank you very much! *sticks out tongue*

Linda Murphy said...

You are so cute in those pictures. I have the worst cowlicks too and Connor has inherited them from me. They are awful. I HAVE to blow dry my hair to force it to go the right way or I look like I have a giant bald spot. Unfortunately, my hair is so fine, that all the blow drying makes it break off....sigh!

Actually, I wanted to say that I really like your new haircut-it's very flattering to your face.

Nancy Face said...

I love your cute little punk-rocker picture, tee hee! ;)

My dad cut my hair, too...with big orange kitchen shears...ick! He was a typestter, haha! :D

SCARY hairdresser story! :0

Michelle Quinno said...

Those pictures are way too cute! You are a riot! Love the punk rocker look. You're a trend starter for sure.

Aunt Sooooz said...

From one punk rocker to another..... My hair stuck straight up off my head for at least a year after I was born. I'm sure you saw the pictures of me with a bow scotch-taped to my head!! Yet another thing we have in common...... Though you don't have the Eddie Munster widow's peak that I have. I agree with Linda - I love this new haircut. It looks great on you. xoxo S

Linda said...

You had a full head of hair as a baby. I can probably count the number of good hair days I've had on one hand.

Carver said...

Hi Theresa,
Your bad hair life cracked me up. I fear I have a little bit of that myself. If my daughter was doing this she's probably use a picture of the one time I cut her bangs. Her dad asked me to please never do that again. The bad thing is some of the best photographs of her when she was around 4 or 5 were from the time I cut her bangs. She looks great but the bangs, yikes. I enjoyed your pictures from when you were a child.

Alison said...

Those pictures are so cute. My daughter got a hold of the scissors here about 6 months ago and decided to cut her own bangs - some of them to her scalp. I was just grateful she didn't decide she didn't want her pony tail anymore and chop off her curls. Thanks for sharing!!

BTW I've tagged you for 2 memes. When you get a chance, come and see!