Another Fraidy Cat Moment
I am one of those yellow cap people beginning the swim part of a triathlon. When the horn went to start my heat, the three biggest waves of the day came in. Now these are WEST coast waves, that have a fierce undertow, nothing on the east coast compares.
They pummeled me! (Keep in my I swam a person to safety out of a rip tide) This was the first time I was ever scared in water. Three people needed to be rescued from my heat.
5 comments:
OMG, how scary! Glad you came out of it okay. BTW, how did you do in the triathlon? *HUGS & SMILES*
That looks scary. My brother has done the escape from alcatraz triathlon several times. He lives in San Francisco, well outside it at this point but I went to visit him when he did the escape from alcatraz once when he still lived in the city. It was a great family trip as we all went to cheer our brother on. Your post reminded me of that trip. The wave in your photograph looks very threatening.
That is so scary! I experienced those strong currents in Hawaii at one beach. I'm not a great swimmer so it scared me half to death! I was a sand shark the rest of the day.
Great picture! I'm glad you included a few words of explanation! ;)
Yikes, that would be VERY frightening and exhausting, fighting those waves! :0
I'm not a strong swimmer, so I probably would have been one of the people in need of rescue!
Way to keep going. I'm glad the undertow didn't get you.
Post a Comment