I was over at Jeni's blog yesterday and she wrote that she saw the Platters, Drifters & Coasters in concert, and that reminded me of the time Michael & I saw them about 4 years ago. Michael and I decided to take a last minute road trip to Vegas on a Friday, so I did not tell anyone I was going. When we got there I of course wanted to see a show, but calling around most of the shows I tried were sold out already. But I managed to get tickets for the Platters, Drifters & Coasters.
Due to the lateness of getting the tickets, we were seated at a side corner table (with other people), that was pretty dark. After being seated I went to go use the rest room leaving Michael to talk to the girl seated next to him. This is when my co-worker Glenda (who teaches next door to me and I know very well) sees Michael.
Now Glenda is the type who had here tickets month in advance, and is seated front middle table. So Glenda see's Michael, she stands up and proceeds to wave both her hands and scream "Michael". Her husband Bill surveying the situation told her to sit down since "That isn't Terri he is sitting next too!" (I always tease Bill to this day for the lack of getting my back)
Being a bit lazy today, I am not going to scan a picture of this trip, however here is a picture of the tile of the floor of the Belagio last time I was in Vegas- always amazes me about how extravagant every thing is there.
7 comments:
That is hilarious. What a fun story.
I haven't visited the Bellagio yet..one of my cousins worked there as a chef. I hear the place isn't really family/kid friendly and is expensive to stay there. Ah well, one day, we'll take a walk-thru. Great story about Bill! *hugs & smiles*
Wow! Very ornate!
Oh my goodness, that is so funny.. Your friends husband thinking that.. way to funny. What a great story.
Beats my story of seeing those groups by a mile - only thing that happened to me was that my camera was confiscated because I took a picture of the groups. Oh well! I did get it back after the show though.
Your Vegas story is just plain hilarious! :D
I can't even believe that tile! So amazing and gorgeous! (I've never been to Vegas!)
that is pretty funny!! thanks for popping by....all went well and I am happy to report we finally have our NANNY!! Have a Happy Holiday season!
Post a Comment