Since we did all the leg work getting the camper and shopping, Suzie and Jeff volunteered to cook all trip for us. Jeff is chef, so all I can say is that camping will never be the same to me-I will need my gourmet meals!
The park rangers are very knowledgeable at Death Valley and lead interesting talks every day. Here is a park ranger explaining how borax was found and how they got it out of the park
This is one of the original wagon trains that the 20 mule team pulled.
Scotties (although never owned by him) Castle is an amazing piece of architecture, it is amazing how they could build this ranch in the middle of the dessert. The Park Rangers dress up in costume and give tours of the building.

We hiked around Ubehebe Crater at sunset. Suzie said this was one of her favorite things we did.

The crater was very deep so you wouldn't want to fall in!

Death Valley is bigger than the state of Delaware, and has amazing landscapes, if you drive 15 minutes you seem to be in a completely different geological find. Here are the sand dunes

... and further down the road is the lowest point in the continental United States at 282 ft below sea level. It is called Bad Water, since the water is very salty (like the bottom of the sea) so horses who were thirsty would not drink it- hence it's name.

We enjoyed taking a couple mini hikes every day.
Death Valley is bigger than the state of Delaware, and has amazing landscapes, if you drive 15 minutes you seem to be in a completely different geological find. Here are the sand dunes

... and further down the road is the lowest point in the continental United States at 282 ft below sea level. It is called Bad Water, since the water is very salty (like the bottom of the sea) so horses who were thirsty would not drink it- hence it's name.
We enjoyed taking a couple mini hikes every day.
Campfires and star gazing is a must when camping. We camped at a very remote spot one night that had no electricy - only about 20 campers in all, so it was nice and dark to gaze at the stars.
6 comments:
We had a total blast with you guys and would go RVing again for sure.... though I'm not the one who had to drive that thing! We should ask Michael and Jeff if they would do it again!!! I'm glad we spoiled you with the gourmet meals!!! We love your company for sure.
Hey, I know Aunt Soooz from Linda's blog! LOL
You guys do the coolest things. My hubby would be in heaven there. He really wants to go out west some time in our future.
Great photos!
I really enjoyed all of the photos from your trip(s). Looks like Suz and Jeff had a wonderful time-although everyone looks a bit chilly in the final photo!
Girl, I love it when you and Michael go on these trips and you come back filled to the brim with lots and lots of great photos. I get to see so many neat places thanks to your travels!
Great shots from your camping trip. What a beautiful place.
I loved this post! I had NO IDEA there was anything interesting in Death Valley, and I certainly didn't know anyone ever camped there!
Park rangers in Death Valley? Who knew?
Your pictures are great, and it sounds like a blast! :)
Post a Comment