Normally I am a wimp when it comes to staying up til midnight to celebrate the New Year. Most of the times we call it a night when the ball drops in NYC which is only 9 p.m. our time. This year Suzie and Jeff were with us, so I didn't want them to see how dudly we really are so I knew we had to come up with something different.Rewind to about 2 weeks before when we were at our friend's Danny &
Kim's house who we usually get together about once a month for game night. We were playing a new game called Balderdash (which is a lot of fun) and Kim asked if we have ever played Scene It. I said I played it once- and then she asked if we saw the commercial for Seinfeld- Scene It. She said we were the only couple she knew that could give them a run for their money.
The next day I was shopping and saw the game so I bought it. I immediately called Kim and invited her over for New Year's since I knew that Suzie & Jeff also were Seinfeld lovers- we actually are a bit geeky and quote Seinfeld lines to each other.
So New Years Eve we had a fun time playing both Balderdash and Seinfeld Scene It and it was no problem staying up til midnight (must of been the excellent company!). However I do have to give kudo's to Kim for her superior Seinfeld knowledge for her and Danny won!
6 comments:
Sounds like a fun way to spend New Year's Eve. I love your new blog header.
Wow, I am surprised that Suz and Jeff didn't come out ahead in that game-they are always dropping Seinfeld lines.
Sounds like a very merry New Year!
I've never played Balderdash, but Scene It is lots of fun! :)
LOVE Seinfeld. That's what I do on the treadmill when I actually make it on the treadmill....watch Seinfeld reruns. It's the only thing that gets me through.
Sounds like a blast!
LOL, being a closet Seinfeld lover, I'll keep my comments to myself...glad your New Year started out with laughs!
Sandi
Hmmm. Nevrr heard of that game but I'll have to remember it as it sounds like one that my older daughter would like. Years ago -like in the early 80s I guess -I got her Trivia Pursuit -which she totally sucked at then -as also a MASH version of the Trivia Pursuit since she was a huge MASH fan then. About two years or so ago, she bought herself a new version of Trivia Pursuit and every now and again, brings it up here and wants her sister and me and anyone else we can rope in, to playing it. Thing is, we used to really rag on her because she always lost but with the new version, I'm the one who usually comes out on the losing end now and she usually wins. Enough so that her sister and I have taken to accusing her of reading all the answer cards and memorizing them! But it's still fun anyway!
Post a Comment