Saturday, January 17, 2009

SHHHHHHH!!!

A couple days after Christmas Michael's brother Tommy, his wife Linda, her mom Sandy, and their two kids Ian and Connor came to visit.

We had a nice time, and had a fun girls day outing getting a manicure & pedicure, then lunch at PF Changs, and then some shopping. We also enjoyed a very competitive game of Trivial Pursuit where the team of Suzie, Jeff, Tommy & Sandy beat** Michael, Linda and myself (**under protest of cheating). However my favorite moment of their visit was one that happened between Michael and Connor. (Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures so the pictures I will be posting of Connor are from the summer.)



Some background before the story: Since both boys were born I pick them up and sing to them, sometimes making up words to songs, sometimes I sing to make them eat, or just to try to stop some crying. Unfortunately I do not have a great singing voice and frequently sing off key- but they never seemed to mind.






...So back to the story. Michael decided to take Connor to a local park. Tommy suggested he bring the soccer ball. Well Connor made it down the driveway and then wanted to be picked up so Michael ended up carrying Connor and the soccer ball to the park (about 1/2 mile away). They had a great time playing, and when it was time to come home Connor wanted to be carried again, so Michael again carried him all the way home up hill with the soccer ball that they didn't even play with. But the best part of the story is that Michael started singing Row Row Row your Boat to Connor, who put his finger to his nose and did an exaggerated SHHHHHHH. :)




Michael couldn't believe he was shhhhhed, and we been shhhhhing each other ever since - for some reason we both really like this story.

6 comments:

Carver said...

Fun story about Michael getting shhhhhed. I love these shots. So cute.

Jeni said...

I can understand your repeating the "Shhhh" -probably for the same reasons that Mandy and I have been saying "Be ha" for the past two days after Kurtis starting saying that in response to Mandy hugging him and saying "Big hug, big hug!"
Oh and another word that frequently gets said around here is "unie" which is Kurtis speak for "Honey!"
Don't ya just love it when these little ones pick up on something we've said or say directly to them and they turn it around on us?

Michelle Quinno said...

hehe, that's a cute story. Speaking of cute, I just love the shots of Connor, especially the first one. Glad you had a good visit!

Nancy Face said...

That is SOOO funny! :D

Linda Murphy said...

Connor is a character! Tell Uncle Mike to learn the Cars movie theme-he might fare a little better with that one!

Carrying Connor up and down your town is quite a challenge, but it is good exercise!

Thomas said...

To Michael,

By the way, Connor doesn't usually play soccer when we go to the park. I thought you might have better luck than I did. Apparently not.

He hasn't given us the "sshhhh" yet but he does say "NO!" a lot.

T