Also , before looking at the picture, I want it duly noted it is not the people in the picture I am using for my Heavy reference :) It is the wooden bar from our wedding. As I blogged before my reception was in my parents back yard, and dad was very busy getting the yard groomed, and making all the center pieces (see corner of the bar). He also had to make the bar itself out of HEAVY wood .
My Uncle Dale (my dad's brother) was my bartender. I had bought only beer and wine and soda, however at the end of the night there were other drinks on the bar??? Not sure how that happened.
Any way, after the wedding, Michael and I kept the bar in our "game room/basement", however when we moved to California we decided not to bring it with us. So my dad said just bring it home and put it in his shop. So we brought it to my parents house, and Michael and I proceeded to carry the bar about 150 yards (not feet) to his shop.
Did I mention the bar was HEAVY??? Well Michael was walking backwards (his regular position of how we used to move things together) and I thought he was navigating, since I could not see over the bar (see Michael this was totally not my fault!). Well we must of forgotten about the bench in the side yard - which you guessed it Michael tumbled over. And the HEAVY bar landed on top of him.
His body was twisted, and he did not look good at all. Unfortunately this was before I had become very good at being calm in emergencies. (I have had to call 911 at school 3 times, and perform the Hymlic manuever). So of course I just left him there and ran into the house to get my mother (a registered nurse at the time).
Amazingly Michael was fine - we have since learned not to move HEAVY objects together. (See Michael a learning experience!)
Well although it is not a great picture of the bar- Here it is:


* I am sorry for any spelling mistakes, anyone know why spell check isn't working on blogger lately?
** I have decided to post a picture of my green friend every time I post until Earth Hour to remind people to conserve.
7 comments:
Okay, I remember Terri telling me this story in January-Michael, I am amazed you were not hurt. But it was a pretty great retell-I laughed quite a bit. Sorry, Michael.
Wow, what a story. Poor Michael. However, I think running in to get your mother who was an RN actually was good thinking in an emergency. I like the shot. Looks like a nice bar but I wouldn't want it to land on me. I love your green friend to remind people to conserve.
Too funny! (or maybe not for Michael). I'm glad he was ok.
That bar looks very heavy and inviting! ;-)
Great pic, looks like everyone had a lovely time thanks to Michael's hard work and almost broken back.
He is quite the guy that Michael!
He raises the bar for brotherly love (yes I know - puns are awful)
I'm smiling! :)
This post was GREAT! Such clever use of the word "heavy"!
The bar looks beautiful...and HEAVY. I gasped out loud when you described the accident! :0
Your green friend makes me happy! :)
Poor Michael! I'm glad he ended up okay and good thing your mother was nearby to check him out. Sorry you couldn't bring the bar with you but at least it's with your dad. *HUGS & SMILES*
Post a Comment