Saturday, February 2, 2008

Photo Hunt: Narrow

Yes in the super-size era, things have gotten big. We had my husband's grandfathers' kitchen table in our house for a while, and it was barely big enough to hold our microwave.

When we were in New Mexico for Christmas, we went to Bandelier State Park, where it had some Aztec ruins. And they had very NARROW doors leading to their living areas.








On the right I am using Michael as scale to show how NARROW the doorway is. (Suz if you were there we would of used you- you are the best scale there is!)








8 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, cool photos! I'm not as daring as you though.

Sandi McBride said...

Very nice...the Aztecs had the right idea...I'll bet they had no homeless families...
love the photos!
Sandi

Linda Murphy said...

Wow, I would feel claustrophobic in such narrow dwellings. I really like the photos.

Carver said...

Great shots of the Aztec ruins. I've never been to New Mexico but it's somewhere I've always wanted to visit and will at some point. That is interesting how much smaller everything used to be. I've encountered that with antique beds I inherited. I have to get the mattresses custom made. The twins are smaller than a regular twin and the double bed is smaller than regular double mattresses. Good take on the narrow theme.

Shelby said...

very narrow!

Nancy Face said...

Very cool! Makes me wonder if those Aztecs ever suffered from claustrophobia!

Anonymous said...

What a cool place! When we finally get to go further east than Nevada/Utah, I'm going to ask you for a list of what to see..you've been to, and seen, so many cool places! Great pics!

Aunt Sooooz said...

I am always very handy for scale! I just made a joke about this to your BIL Chris on Saturday. He wants to get a 72 inch TV, and I said if you used me for scale it was 12 inches bigger than me. Ha!