The voice was my 4 year old nephew, so of course I called back as soon as I heard the message, wondering what question he could possibly have that he needed to call me.
So it turns out Ian is going to receive his Orange Belt in Karate on Friday, and needed a sponsor.
His mother Linda, told him he could pick his sponsor, and he chose me! Ian told her he picked me because I taught him how to swim.

(I needed to write a few sentences on Ian's behalf to be read at the ceremony: here is what I wrote)
I am proud to be Ian's sponsor as he receives his orange belt today.
Ian has a can do attitude, when it comes to learning new things.
I have enjoyed being able to teach Ian how to swim, and also quizzing him on his math facts. Ian truly enjoys learning new things.
Ian has worked hard to receive this honor, his love and commitment to Karate is easily seen through his words and actions.
I am proud to be Ian's sponsor as he receives his orange belt today.
Ian has a can do attitude, when it comes to learning new things.
I have enjoyed being able to teach Ian how to swim, and also quizzing him on his math facts. Ian truly enjoys learning new things.
Ian has worked hard to receive this honor, his love and commitment to Karate is easily seen through his words and actions.
5 comments:
Yea Ian!
Wow, that is quite an honor. It's so cute that Ian picked you and your sentences on him were great!
Have a nice weekend.
That is great Theresa. I know he's lucky to have an Aunt like you and congrats to your nephew.
WOO HOO! A very cool honor, indeed!
You GO IAN!~! What a great kid! What a great AUNT!
hugs
Sandi
Post a Comment