
"Where were you when the world stop turning on that September day? Were you in the yard with your wife and children? Or working on some stage in L.A.? Did you stand there in shock at the sight of that black smoke rising against that blue sky? Did you shout out in anger, in fear for your neighbor? Or did you just sit down and cry?" (Lyrics by Alan Jackson)
I was driving into the parking lot at school when the radio was announcing the first of the world trade centers being hit. I thought immediately of my sister-in-law Suzie who lives in New York and works in Manhattan. She was on a train going to work when it happened and saw the towers burning-she and the women next to her held hands.
It is truly a day for remembrance- of all the people who lost their lives and their families. Remember the NY police and fireman who worked round the clock to look for survivors, to all the soldiers who lost their lives in keeping our country free. It is a day for remembrance and reflection.
4 comments:
I think a lot of us have put this away so we don't think about it too much. By bringing it back up on its "anniversary" we can all remember, which we should do.
We had just moved to AZ that year and our first thoughts were of Suzie too.
How scared you must have been! I am glad she survived. this is a very touching post.
Thank you for sharing a beautiful tribute! I'm glad your SIL survived. What a sad day in our country's history!
Post a Comment