Thursday, September 20, 2007

There's always next week

I guess my wordless Wednesday needed some words afterall since there was a question about the picture in the comments- but don't worry, I'll give Wordless Wednesday the college try again next week.
The Devils Golf Course

"A must see for anyone visiting Death Valley National Park, the Devils Golf Course almost defies description: towering columns of salt, some two feet tall, stretch for what seem like miles. Rapid evaporation of salt laden ground water draw these strange rock hard formations from the ground. Great caution should be exercised when walking on and around these formations since they are razor sharp. " ( taken from death valley website)

Devils Golf Course is a stone's throw away from Bad Water-which is the lowest point in the continental United States (282 feet below sea level). It got its name,as legend has it, from a Horse that after travelling in the dessert for days refused to drink the water. The picture today is of Bad Water.
(See Linda-you can learn while blogging!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But I've also heard it is ok to just have fun on vacation too

Linda Murphy said...

Michael, I am so sorry, but you will never, ever live that "You can learn something while on vacation" comment down.

Terri-I am very proud of your wordless Wednesday. Check out my friend Julie's blog- A Word in Progress. She has some great photo ideas and little haikus too. The link is on my blog.