Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday



For this time travel they have me travelling all the way back to .... YESTERDAY.


Yesterday being Labor Day I had a backyard barbecue for about 20 of my friends and family. I love throwing parties however this one was a bit more challenging due to the fact that my husband Michael was off climbing Mt Whitney. Usually Michael does the barbecuing but I thought how hard is it to barbecue hamburger and hot dogs? (silly question) Well I placed all 24 hamburgers on the grill all at once plus the hot dogs. It did look like a lot of hamburgers. Well all of a sudden there were huge flames and my guests were very scared about their meal. I turned off the grill and shut the lid, however that made the grill get very hot- I had a huge grease fire going. So I took all 24 hamburgers off the grill and it took a couple of minutes for the fire to go out. I ended up cooking about 8 of them at a time, and everyone said they were delicious! For our parties I usually do all the prep work and then just socialize. I learned Michael does a lot to keep our parties going- I don't think I hardly socialized at all, but that is OK since everyone had a great time.

1 comment:

Linda Murphy said...

You are a brave soul, Terri. I don't touch the grill at all, it's all Thomas's job. But it sounds like everything turned out well.

I am looking forward to hearing about Michael's trip too!