Saturday, September 22, 2007

End of Summer

Fall starts September 21 which technically symbolizes the end of Summer-being a teacher I correspond the end of summer with the first day of school. However I think I now have a new definition of the end of summer for my self. I was going for my nightly dip in the pool the other night and thought-this water is COLD-and that to me was the end of summer.

Last year we diligently kept the pool covered so we could swim on Thanksgiving. Here is a picture of my nephew Justin, Michael and myself braving the cold water Thanksgiving morning with a very surprised cat looking on. (picture taken by my mother)

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Boy, considering how cold, often snowy and/or icy it is here on Thanksgiving, the mere thought of taking a dip in a swimming pool here then just sent shivers up my spine!

Carver said...

That makes me cold thinking about swimming Thanksgiving. However, having a cool dip on the last day of summer sounds nice. The water looks very inviting.

Alison said...

We love swimming in the summer - not too sure about swimming on Thanksgiving here in SC! I, too, associate the end of summer with the first day of school. Being teachers, it's the end of summer "vacation" for us! Thank you for the link to your sister-in-law's blog. I probably will not get a chance to check it out tonight, but I definitely will tomorrow! I was wondering (hope I didn't miss it somewhere) what grade do you teach? Have a great week!

Linda Murphy said...

Brrr. Good thing you are coming here for Thanksgiving this year where there is no pool for dipping (although at this point in Phoenix, I imagine we could probably swim in November and enjoy it!)

There is always the lament at summer's end. Just remember...we actually get the summer off!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wowzers, I bet that water was cold at Thanksgiving! You're braver than I would be, I do NOT like cold water at all :)

Anonymous said...

2006! This was a Thanksgiving to remember. Began with a Cool dip in the pool--and ended with Montazuma's revenge for all except Kara.