This week's theme is original- a tough one, that had me looking through my photo archives.THE ORIGINAL BAT CAVE
The bat cave is in the hollywood hills (imagine that) in griffith park. My brother-in-law, Chris and I went to see it in 2001. The road leading up to it truly looked like the road Batman's car drove up- although the cave was a bit disappointing, because it was really just a tunnel.
Here is a little more history of the cave if you are a tv buff.
The Bronson caves are man-made, and were probably created back around 1900, when the area was a rock quarry. (Some say the caves themselves were created especially for the 1922 version of "Robin Hood" with Douglas Fairbanks.) But whatever their origin, they have since been used in countless movies and TV series. They were seen as the 'Bat Cave' in the classic "Batman" TV series, as well as in "Bonanza," "Star Trek: Voyager," "Fantasy Island," "Little House on the Prairie," "The Lone Ranger," "Gunsmoke" and the "Wild Wild West". Plus feature films such as 2002's "The Scorpion King," "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country," "Lost Horizon" and the original "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." (taken from http://www.seeing-stars.com/Locations/BronsonCaves.shtml)
One of the Original Borax Twenty Mule Team's Wagons
This picture was taken by my husband in Dec '06 at Death Valley- If you been following my blog, no I am not on commission from Death Valley to advertize just how vast and marvalous the geology is. Any way you might be surprised to learn that the 20 mule team was actually comprised of only 18 mules the other two were horses. These teams would carry up to 10 tons of Borax.By the way if you haven't stop by Carver's site yet she did a fabulous job on this topic. (http://carverblog.blogspot.com/ )
7 comments:
These are great!!
p.s. thanks so much for your always encouraging comments to me.. I need it.
Hey, I CAN learn stuff while reading blogs!
I was sort of wondering about the Death Valley photos.
Very ORIGINAL! :)
I didn't do this today but those are some very cool "originals!"
Those are great Theresa and very original. Thanks so much for mentioning my site. That's sweet especially since I think your post this week is more original than mine. You have a very cool photograph and story.
Found you over at Jeni's thought I'd stop by and welcome you to the community!
Debo
I have a real life video posted today.. come see! :)
Great photos!! Thanks for stopping by.
Jodi
My Life as Mama Jodi
Post a Comment