I have struggled with my weight since I was in high school but it wasn't until I turned about 34 that the crash diets no longer worked and I just saw pound after pound after pound attach itself to my body.
In June of 2000 I was 2 pounds shy of my "classified" weight that I wrote about last Thursday. Knowing I needed help to get myself under control I turned to Jenny Craig. The pounds just flew off my body, there was talk of me getting my own poster in the office (this was way before Kristie(spelling?) Alley came on to the scene and they just used regular people) . I dropped 55 pounds in just 6 months. The problem was it came off too fast and within 2 years about 45 of those pounds reappeared.
However some things that I learned from Jenny I still apply on my current weight lost regime.
1.Try to eat every two hours - but only 50 calories (don't let yourself get hungry- when I am hungry that is when I overeat the most)
2.Do not skip meals.
3.Proportion-Proportion- Proportion - try splitting meals when you go out, only take 1/2 of what you really want, eat slowly, wait 15 minutes and if you are still hungry take more. I have a bad habit of finishing a meal even if I am stuffed.
4. Lots of water
Reminders that I carry with me so this time hopefully I am making a lifestyle change so the pounds won't come back on.
1. Don't deprive yourself of what you truly love- me I eat 3 Hershey Kisses a day which keeps my chocolate cravings in tact
2. Losing just 1 pound a week is ok. That is 52 pounds in a year, and your body will be able to handle the gradua
l change.
Picture of me in 1999 before Jenny, once again for some reason I do not have any pictures of me at my heaviest- and a picture of me in November 2000 after Jenny.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Target Thursday
"The things I learned from Jenny"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Right now, I think I would be happy and excited if I could lose even 1/2 a pound a week! Much slower progress that way, granted, but maybe something that would work too. Who knows! Being less sedentary would definitely be a big help though all the way around for me - loss of weight or not!
Weigh loss is so much fun. Not. I am doing the same thing. I'd love to lose it even if it was just a pound a week.
I just started riding, so maybe I can lose some that way. Ouch!
Those are great lifesytle changes to healthy eating. Keeps the weight off and one's body healthy. I will have to check them out routinely to keep me on track. Thanks
All great things-I need to print them out!
I would be happy just to say goodbye to the baby weight that never left after Connor arrived. I found a gluten-free protein shake mix tonight AND I followed the protein/carb math too!
Keep up all the hard work on your eating and exercise. It is really paying off!
I know you can do it again and I might just join you on the journey.
I am so proud of you! And I think it's great that you are sharing your story. It makes me feel a part of your life, even though I'm far away. See, it's not just about the nephews! I love Linda's blog because it keeps me in touch with all of them, and i like reading yours for the same reason. Plus you just crack me up!
I actually noticed the weight loss in the pictures on Linda's blog from Ian's first soccer game, plus I noticed the awesome new haircut. I'll put a little NY in it - "You look FAAAAABULOUS, DARLING!!!"
Post a Comment