Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sam's Place

About 4 months ago we had a garage sale, and I was planning to sell this hutch-however for some reason a couple weeks before the sale I cleared a spot on the bottom of shelf and my cat Samuel starting hanging out there. Before this he hung out on the ledge and barely fit.

As you can see the hutch is still here due to the fact we have one spoiled kitty and I just couldn't sell his favorite place to hang out in.
It always makes me smile when he lounges there so today I took a picture of him to share with all of you.

About the hutch- It is very sturdy since it was made my dad about 40 years ago-my parents gave it to me when I got my first apartment living on my own with no roommates and needed some furniture. Its been with me ever since.

7 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great story and photo! Looks like a great piece and it has such sentimental value. Plus, as you said, you can't get rid of it and take away your kitty's favorite spot :)

Jeni said...

Your Dad made that? It looks gorgeous! Looks to me like Samuel would agree with me on that as well. What a great keepsake that will be for you - for your children. Heck, even pass it down in years to come to the grandkids too, ya know! Nothing like handmade stuff to last and last.

heidi @ ggip said...

It's a great piece of furniture. Older furniture always seems to last longer...

Ruth said...

Samuel knew what he was doing. Way to go, Sam.

Unknown said...

How could you part with something your dad made? Of course I have doubts that my father ever made anything with his hands. Your making a good start of the blogging. Welcome and I hope to see more of you.

Anonymous said...

What a great story about Samuel, the hutch and your dad! Your dad is quite a craftsman and I suspect the cat finds both of them as special as you do, which is why I think he likes hanging out there. Too precious!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to a smart sniffing cat--Samuel for saving a wonderful cozy hutch from a garage sale. 49 years of fun, laughter, love, secrets he has sniffed and found a great spot to lounge