Monday, September 17, 2007

Digital Camera's-Ain't Technology Grand!

My family always has a good laugh when my mom explains she is just a simple women-all she every wanted was running water and indoor plumbing! (the joke being my mom has every gadget under the sun)

But do you remember before digital? How you had to make sure you lined up your shot not to waste film, then anxiously awaited to get your film developed and then only 1 shot out of the 36 were any good?

I must of taken this picture 10 times of Michael to get the passing by gondola in the correct spot to see the writing on it. (you may need to enlarge to see it)

We had to take 3 gondolas that day but as you can see it was worth it. (Swiss Alps July 2005)

6 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

They are both really great pictures and yes, digital is tremendously grand.

That gondola looks pretty darn high, especially if you had to take three of them. Yikes!

Suzy said...

Yes,I do remember "the good old days?" before digital!
My hubby and I had this same conversation the other day.You can just keep clicking until you get that perfect shot!I love it!

Shelby said...

oh I remember the "ole" days... gosh I'm gettin' old.

great shot!

Jeni said...

Awesome pics! I have yet to graduate to digital -not enough funds for that yet. However, I saw in the J.C. Penney Christmas book they have a digital minicam geared for kids for the regular price of $99.95 and it is on sale for $39.95 in that catalogue. Now, if they can make a working mini-video cam and put it on sale at that price, why can't the digital cameras be a little more in line, price wise, for those of us on a really stringent budget?
Boy -could I do a post about cameras, wasted pics/film, etc. thanks to my younger daughter's fascination with cameras over the years!!!

Susie said...

Hi Theresa,
I saw your comment on Suzy's and noticed that you were new to blogging.
Just wanted to say welcome, and invite you to stop in for a visit anytime. (I'm from CA too!)
:)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, those are great shots! I do remember the days before digital, mostly paying for the whole roll and after waiting and paying, only being satisfied with a small handful of the photos.

I think the best thing about today's digital revolution though, is that today's generation of children will have so much of their lives documented. When I was growing up, there were very few photos of me. Nothing of everyday life and I was lucky to find one at a birthday or Christmas. Today's generation should have a lot of great images and photos to look back on, growing up :)