Thursday, September 6, 2007

Show Me Your America

I have always been a big card sender therefore I am a huge fan of Hallmark. With the event of the internet I have been sending a lot of e-cards to my friends and I mostly use the hallmark site. My favorite characters are hoops and yoyo- check them out they are really funny. Well to help keep Hallmark e-cards in business, since they are free, I ordered the Hallmark magazine.I just got my first issue the other day and the article that struck my fancy was show me your America.
I live in a small town about 30 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, many people jokingly call our town Mayberry. This year we were chosen as one of the top ten small towns in America. Every 4th of July we have a parade and the pictures I am using are from the 2007 parade.
For the kids the end of the parade is always exciting as the fire truck squirt them. After the parade people mosey to the park where people settle in for a picnic. During the evening their is usually a concert of some type. So currently that is my America-(and one more cool fact the chief of police lives 2 doors down from me)

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Just stopped by to thank you for your visit and comments today. I have another story about "Miss Maya" that I will post either tonight (if I can stay awake) or tomorrow from her second day at pre-school. You have no idea how relieved we are that things are going this nicely for her after three days -always a big concern because autistic kids -especially at her age - can turn their likes/dislikes/attitude, etc - on a dime or in a New York nano-second, forget the minute!
My America, like yours, is my hometown here - a very small village in central PA -a remnant of the soft coal mining era. Mine is probably a whole heck of a lot smaller than yours though - only 613 residents according to the census.

Linda Murphy said...

The parade in your town is the best and it is becoming a little bit of a tradition for your AZ relatives!

It seems like everyone in your town really just enjoys being there.

Shelby said...

our little town was in the top 100, but not the top 10... congrats on your town!! The parade looks fun :)