My last blog was to showcase my cute cat-however I think I ended up showcasing my dad's handy work. So to all of you who were amazed I could part with such a piece -the fact of the matter is I have many more pieces that I hold closer to my heart. My favorite piece is the 3 legged table. The top folds up to make room if needed.(On the table is a vase that my friends' husband made me for my 40th birthday- he buried it in the sand by the beach instead of using a kiln since I am a water person.)
In the garage I also have in my possession the first project my dad ever made- a drop leaf table which he made in college in 1956.
Also in my house I have another of Sam's favorite hang-outs the rocking chair (which my mom upholstered)
In the garage I also have in my possession the first project my dad ever made- a drop leaf table which he made in college in 1956.
Also in my house I have another of Sam's favorite hang-outs the rocking chair (which my mom upholstered)The dry sink that doubles as a drying rack on laundry day!

And least I forget my desk that my dad asked me if I wanted to refinish one summer that had 5 coats of paint on that I had to strip.
When Michael and I have garage sales sometimes we do not price our larger items, instead we size up the people asking and the price will vary depending on if we think our stuff will be happy in their home.
When Michael and I have garage sales sometimes we do not price our larger items, instead we size up the people asking and the price will vary depending on if we think our stuff will be happy in their home.
My dad and I also have the same philosophy that we rather see someone using the furniture and appreciating it rather than it sitting in the garage or storage. So you don't have to worry about me selling off my heritage- oh did I mention he also made my king size bed, my cedar chest, all my cutting boards, napkin holder, paper towel holder, TV trays....and the list goes on.

3 comments:
It's really great that you have so many one of a kind pieces. And it's okay to part with things too. I like your garage sale philosophy. I am not too sentimental about stuff, but I am always happy to see people find little treasures from something I once owned.
Hahaha, now I feel better. Thanks for the explanation.
Any time your Dad wants to share his talents with others and do some woodwork, tell him I'm up for adoption.
Post a Comment