Once again my sister-in-law Linda gave me a challenge of listing my 10 favorite lines of songs. So here goes....1. Greatest Love of All Whitney Houston
I decided long ago Never to walk in anyone's shadow If I fail, if I succeed At least I'll live as I believe No matter what they take from me They can't take away my dignity Because the greatest love of all Is happening to me I found the greatest love of all Inside of me The greatest love of all Is easy to achieve Learning to love yourself It is the greatest love of all (I like this because if you don't love yourself no one else will)
2. Sing by the Carpenters
Sing, sing a song Make it simple to last Your whole life long Don't worry that it's not Good enough for anyone Else to hear Just sing, sing a song.( I like this because I love to sing but unfortunately I don't sing all that well)
3. Your my Home by Billy Joel
When you look into my eyes And you see the crazy gypsy in my soul It always comes as a surprise When I feel my withered roots begin to grow Well I never had a place that I could call my very own That's all right, my love, 'cause you're my home (I like this because sometimes people get too caught up in possessions and forget what really makes a home)
4. Thunder road by Bruce Springsteen
The screen door slams, Mary's dress waves Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays Roy Orbison singing for the lonely Hey, that's me and I want you only Don't turn me home again, I just can't face myself alone again Don't run back inside, darling, you know just what I'm here for So you're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young any more Show a little faith, there's magic in the night You ain't a beauty but, hey, you're alright Oh, and that's alright with me ( You don't have to be a model to look gorgeous in someone else's eyes.)
5. School's Out for Summer by Alice Cooper School's out forever School's out for summer School's out with fever School's out completely . ( I think I get just as excited for Summer Vacation as the kids)
6. Crazy Love by Van Morrison She give me love, love, love, love, crazy love She give me love, love, love, love, crazy love She's got a fine sense of humor when I'm feeling low down And when I come to her when the sun goes down Take away my trouble, take away my grief Take away my heartache, in the night like a thief (This was the first dance I danced with Michael at our wedding)
7. Forever Young by Rod Stewart May the good lord be with you down every road you're on And may sunshine and happiness, surround you when you're far from home And may you grow to be proud, dignified and true And do unto others as you'd have done to you Be courageous and be brave And in my heart you'll always stay Forever young, forever young, forever young May good fortune be with you, may your guiding light be strong Build a stairway to heaven with your prince or your vagabond (to me being forever young is a spirit within)
8. Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood Jesus take the wheel Take it from my hands 'Cause I can't do this on my own I'm letting go So give me one more chance Save me from this road I'm on Jesus take the wheel (This reminds me that Jesus is always there for you)
9. California Dreamin' by the Mama's and Papa's All the leaves are brown And the sky is grey I've been for a walk On a winter's day I'd be safe and warm If I was in L.A. California dreamin' On such a winter's day (This has been a Michael's and mine theme song since moving to California)
10. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves I'm walking on sunshine , wooah I'm walking on sunshine, woooah I'm walking on sunshine, woooah and don't it feel good!! (just a happy song that puts me in a good mood)
3 comments:
those are great songs - I like the mamas and papas one alot.. like their sound. Don't think it'll ever get tired.
Where is "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family?!?!?
Yes, I was also thinking the Partridge Family would make an appearance on this list.
You picked some really fun songs, I forgot completely about the Alice Cooper one-he lives here in town too.
Hmm, now I have to come up with something else for blogging fun.
Post a Comment