
1. If I were a tree I would be_____ because_____
Now this was a tough one for me, since my dad was a wood shop teacher and he was always pointing out different trees- so without hurting the Maple, Oak or Dogwood's feelings I am going to chose the Mighty Sequoia because I have always wanted to be the tallest and not the shortest
Picture taken Dec of 1997 to show just how big the base of the mighty Sequoia is. (Suz once again you were perfect scale)2. If I were a bird I would fly over __________
Vitoria Falls
picture taken from: http://www.wonderclub.com/WorldWonders/VictoriaFallsHistory.html3. If I were a book I hope I would be ________
Memorable
4. If I were a car _______________________.
I'd be a Mercedes convertible
5. If I could get rid of one piece of technology it would definitely be ______ because______.
The cell phone because kids have to be on them all the time either talking or texting and they don't enjoy the moment they are in or the people that they are with. (However I do agree they are good in emergencies)
6. If I could get rid of one bad habit at a snap of the fingers it would be _______________
overeating
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____!
once again hind site makes this easy- Friday my friend Barbara's TGIF party, Saturday a day of relaxing, shopping, and catching up on stuff, and Sunday go to the church's' breakfast (for ladies only) and then watch some football.
8 comments:
oooh, I love that you posted pictures to go along with the Fill-Ins!!! Love the sequoia pic; thanks for playing!
I love Sequoia trees- so majestic!
Great post! I COMPLETELY agree with you about cell phones! :0
ditto #6
love your post.
Sequoia, miss those trees!
CELL PHONES!!!! Yes, they do come in very handy in an emergency situation, no argument there. But annoying, they sure are that too. And RUDE! Everywhere you turn, it seems you get interrupted by someone talking on a cell phone, getting a phone call, making a phone call, outside, inside! They are everywhere! Someone even got a call on their cell during a funeral here two weeks ago and couldn't get the ringtone shut off until the third ring! Annoying, just plain annoying. Or maybe it is the owners who are that and thus are responsible -or should be -for these things growing into somewhat of a monster, a bit like a spoiled child, ya know.
I like your #2..a bird flying over Vitoria Falls, just beautiful!
As for cells, as they are good for in emergencies and general use, I can't stand it when they go off in movies or other "quiet" places, including as Jeni mentioned, FUNERALS (that takes the cake!)! Good grief..there is a silence/vibrate feature on these gadgets, use it! No wonder my psych instructor will take 10 pts off for every cell phone infraction..grrrr!
Those are great shots. I love Sequoia's too although I've only seen them when I've visited my brother who lives outside of San Francisco. I've been to Muir Woods twice and was blown away. Very different from what we have in NC.
I'm always used for scale!! All my nieces and nephews do the "Aunt Suzanne, I'm up to HERE on you..." - even the four-year-old does that. Ah, well. At least it's useful! "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life...(insert whistling here)"
Post a Comment