Monday, October 29, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday

This week Annie has us travelling back to our favorite Halloween costumes.

When I was a kid, I can only remember 3 of my costumes,a bunny rabbit, a painter, and hippie. I think I was more into getting the chocolate candy than dressing ups.



In college (1982)my roommate and I dressed up as Raggedy Annie and Andy- I was Annie, and Sue was Andy.




At work the department usually has a theme so the groups I have been a part of have been:

Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolfe (I am the short one-1986)









Football Players (I am #67, 2002
)

















...and last year we dressed up as Math Super Hero's. I was Protractor Girl who "Righted" all wrongs. (on the end with the black cape)

As groups we have also been Domino's, M&M's, Construction Workers, and High School Graduates. This year we are doing "Cats" the musical, although I haven't started on my outfit yet-yikes!!

15 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Very cute photos! What fun memories.

Hugs!
Kat

Carver said...

I think protractor girl is my favorite, too funny. You'll have to take pictures of your "Cats" costumes.

Nancy Face said...

Your Raggedy Annie is so cute! I made myself a costume like that one year and loved it...the next year a coworker borrowed it, and she kept it. :(

I LOVE your group costumes at work! :)

Annie said...

Those are so cute! I think for trunk or treat I'm gonna be a pig in a blanket if I can find a pig nose and then I'll wrap my blanket around my shoulders...

Anonymous said...

No worry about your "Cats" costume..leotards (print or solid), nylons, makeup, black pipecleaners (whiskers) a lovely tail and kitty ears! You'll be set to go and good in no time! *Purrrrrrr...*

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, great costumes!! Love the Three Little Pigs!

KC said...

What fun.. Loved all the pictures..
WOW I think you need to get started on that costume for this year.. It's TOMORROW after all LOL..
Great time travel.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

That is too cute. I love the title "Protractor girl".

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

These are all so creative and I'm sure it must be a blast to dress up every year. Fun :)

Jenny said...

Creative costumes!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Linda Murphy said...

I am hoping you will post a picture of your Cats costume.

I am impressed with your costume history. Wow!

Sharijoy said...

I love the Math Heros...very inventive!! Great costumes!! I gotta get my scanner up and running!! Wonderful photos!

Jeni said...

I can only remember two halloween costumes I had as a kid - one was "Peter Pan" which my Mom made for me and the other was just a big sheet! (I hadn't planned to go trick/treating that year as I thought I was too old at 14 or 15, forget which, and I only went to one house too - my neighbors' two doors over whose daughter was my age and my best friend. The mother and my friend tried and tried to guess who it was under the sheet and couldn't figure it out till someone happened to spot my shoes. I had a pair of tenny pumps that had a "squared" off toe and had them on which finally gave me away. But I remember the costume I made for myself for work - "bluebird of paradise" and the ones I made my kids one year - one was a bunch of grapes from Fruit of the Loom (Most expensive costume EVER) and the other was an elephant costume I made for my son, which I borrowed to wear to the halloween party at a local pub that year and completely fooled everyone there -including my ex-brother-in-law as well as my ex-husband! It was neat -kind of like having that dream of being a "fly on the wall" actually come true in a way! LOL

Barbara said...

What great memories and great fun to dress up with your co-workers! Loved the pics! Happy Halloween!

Alison said...

This is such a great idea! I have wanted to dress Drew and Mikayla as Raggedy Ann and Andy since Mikayla was born. Maybe next year...I'm afraid Drew is getting a little old for me to choose for him?? Cute pictures!!