As I mentioned on Thursday one of my new goals is planning my meals so that I won't be raiding the refrigerator when I come home from work.And as luck would have it, there is a blog meme for just such an occasion which you can find at orgjunkie.
Michael is a big list person, where I prefer to keep my list in my head. But being the great husband that he is, he always volunteers to make me a list and put stuff on it.
Any way I digress.... So on to this weeks menu...
Monday: Southwestern Chicken Cesar Salad
Tuesday: Pork Chops, Green Beans, and Michael gets a Baked Potato
The recipe I will be following for Michael's Pork Chop is:
PORK CHOPS IN CIDER
1/4 c. margarine
4 pork loin chops
2 med. red cooking apples (peeled & cut in quarters)
1 med. onion, sliced
1/2 c. apple cider or juice
1/2 tsp. chicken flavor instant bouillon
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 c. half and half
Saute pork chops in margarine until brown, remove from pan. In drippings cook apple and onion until tender then remove. Return chops; add cider, bouillon and thyme. Heat to boiling then reduce to simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes. Return apples and onion, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove chops and apples. Over high heat stir in half and half and cook until thickens slightly. Pour over chops and serve.
I will not be using the butter or 1/2 & 1/2 on mine.
I will not be using the butter or 1/2 & 1/2 on mine.
Thursday: Chicken and Broccoli (Michael will also get couscous)
Friday: Hamburgers on the grill with no buns, and I will have as my side refried beans, and Michael will have corn.
Well at least I have a plan- we'll see how it goes!
6 comments:
Sounds like a good plan!
It's so much easier to cook when you plan ahead, but I find that planning time interferes with my blogging time! LOL!
I will be over on Tuesday for the pork chops (however, you can have my green beans..yuck!)! Mmmmm....
Oh wow, I'm so glad to see your menu and recipes, and I am just so excited to see you participating in this :) Those recipes and ideas sound delicious!
As for the whole wheat pasta, we that almost exclusively now, but it was a slow process. I started out with the thinnest noodle - angel hair, then moved up to spaghetti and other wider noodles. It helps a lot in the beginning (or it did with us) to have a lot of sauce on the top to disguise the taste. We're used to it now, so it's not as big of a deal.
Have a wonderful week, it all sounds yummy!
Sounds good. I actually like wheat noodles. But I usually use the good old not nutricious white kind. LOL!
Hmmm.... Do you need some help from Chef Jeff? I'm sure he'll give you some tips when we see you next month!! Can't wait!
I'm so glad you have joined us!! Welcome :)
Hope to see you back this week!
Laura
Post a Comment