Sunday, October 14, 2007

I've been tagged

My fellow teacher blogger Alison tagged me for a game of Crazy Eights.

8 things I am passionate about:
1. Math Standards ( I personally believe that having to take Algebra in 8th grade is non-sense!!-don't get me started!)
2. Michael (sorry you were not #1)
3. Good food (especially fondue)
4. My Family
5. My Friends 6. The Spa 7. Swimming 8. Tennis

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Visit all 50 states
2. Be on the Price is Right
3. Get my PhD
4. Teach College
5. Retire before I'm 55
6. Own a sailboat and travel up both the east & west coasts
7. Learn another language
8. Do everything on this list-therefor I'd probably live to be 150!

8 things I say often:
1. Where's the cat?
2. I have stuff to do
3. Please be quiet (to my classes)
4. Smile
5. Sew buttons on Ice Cream (but they won't stick!)
6. Scott called
7. We have no food
8. hate to admit this one but- You got it dude

8 books I have recently read: ( I usually only read novels when I fly or when I am on vacation)
1. A Bend in the Road (Nicholas Sparks)
2. The Guardian (Nicholas Sparks)
3. The Wedding (Nicholas Sparks)
4. The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks)
5. My Cat Spit McGee (Willie Morris)
6. Mary Tyler Moore
7. Princess Di
8. GRE workbook

8 songs I could listen to over and over:
1. We have only just begun- Carpenters
2. Sunshine on my Shoulders- John Denver
3. Italian Restaurant - Billie Joel
4. Tiny Dancer- Elton John
5. The Hills are Alive- Sound of Music
6. Crazy Love - Van Morrison (it is our wedding song)
7. Born to Run- Bruce Springsteen
8. (another one I usually keep to myself) Any Partridge Family Song


8 things that attract me to my best friends:
1. Sense of humor
2. They agree with me :)
3. Compassion
4. Vigor for Life
5. Forgiving
6. Trustworthiness
7. Similar interests
8. We have fun together doing anything

8 things I have learned in the past year:
1. How to balance my work/life ratio
2. How to blog
3. I like big band music
4. Walking with Michael can be fun (If he carries 40lbs of weight)
5. How to balance my carbs & protein
6. To use our scanner
7. Raccoons are persistent- use baby powder and hair to keep them away
8. I am better at cooking than I thought


To complete this meme I am suppose to tag 8 people, however I am going to say do it if you want, and let me know so I can come visit.

7 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

Hmm, I would probably include "why algebra in any grade?" but since you are a math teacher, I am sure you must advocate some algebra.

I didn't know you liked big band music! Very cool!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Theresa

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm not sure how you found me, but I'm glad you did. Come back anytime...you're always welcome.

I've enjoyed my visit here. I read your meme and also read your 100 things so I feel I know quite a bit about you.

Hugs!
Kat

Carver said...

Hi Theresa,

I enjoyed reading your lists. I'm also attracted by a sense of humor in friends. I enjoyed laughing at some of your answers, ha.

I definitely have the camera bug. I laughed when you mentioned that about me shooting photos from the car. The scary thing will be if I start doing it when I'm driving and am not stopped at a light. They might have to pass laws to protect the roads from people like me, ha. Take care, Carver

Nancy Face said...

I ♥ your "8 Things I Want to do Before I Die." :)

Something tells me you like Nicholas Sparks! My favorite is "A Walk to Remember." (Dreamy sigh!)

OH...MY...GOODNESS! I ♥ The Carpenters, John Denver, Billy Joel, The Sound of Music, and the Partridge Family...but PLEASE don't tell my kids about that last one, haha! :D

Jeni said...

Without a sense of humor, life is dead, lost, isn't it? To me, that's the most important thing anyone can ever have in life!
Music - love it but don't usually pay any attention to who sings what piece and the name of the piece either. Or I haven't in many years. Although I do love Celine Dion and the Rightous Brothers! "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" - just call me Kirsti Alley in her role as Rebecca on Cheers! That song absolutely ALWAYS gets me!

Linda said...

Learning to balance work/life is a huge achievement. Most people never come close to this one. Enjoyed learning more about you.

Alison said...

Wow - this is a great list! Thank you for taking part - these are a great way to get to know our "friends" more!