Friday, October 26, 2007

Photo Hunt: PINK

This week we photo hunted for something PINK, now from the pictures I have seen so far there are two camps, people who like PINK and people who are not crazy about it. I happen to like pink and used to wear it all the time.

The first time I wore pink was back in the late 70's early 80's when the preppy style was the way to dress. I bought a pink oxford shirt. I loved it, but was not sure I could pull it off. Well regardless if I pulled it off or not, it quickly became my favorite shirt and I had my senior high school picture taken in it. (Proud graduate of NHS class of '81)

I met Michael 2 months after my 25th birthday. It also was 2 months after his 21st birthday. To me it was love at first site.

When Michael and I started getting serious, within the next month we exchanged photos- So I dressed up in my black skirt and pink top. It was after seeing this picture, Michael's mom thought I was a brazen hussy that was way too old for her precious first born.

And of course you can't talk about PINK without a final plug for breast cancer awareness. If you haven't donated to the cause yet this month please do so at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure website

9 comments:

Carver said...

Those are great photographs and a fun post. I hope you have a pleasant weekend.

Jeni said...

Now that was a really neat way to segue into the Breast Cancer research - well done, you brazen little hussy, you! LOL

Pat said...

Great pink photos - I am one that does not like pink. :-)

Happy weekend.

Shelby said...

happy day :)

Nancy Face said...

Brazen hussy...WHA? I think you look shnazzy! And I love hot pink!

I was class of 1980, so I win...I'm the oldest! (Er...what am I saying?!)

Suzy said...

Loved seeing the young photos of you!!!Have a great weekend!!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...look at that tiny tiny waist! Amazing!

I love pink anyway, but especially now as a breast cancer survivor. We did the walk this morning. A gorgeous day for it for sure! Come see the photos I posted.

Hugs!
Kat

Linda said...

What great old photo's!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I never called you a brazen hussy. I guess I will never live down the fact that I thought you were to old for my baby. Give your blue eyes a hug from me.
Love you
Sheila (the mother in law)