This week Annie wants us to:Tell us the most adventurous thing you have ever done! What gave you the courage to do it or try it and how did you feel afterwards?
I love this topic but it is hard just to pick one, so I am going to go with my first skydive.
My best friend and I were sitting around watching TV one late summer day, and something about skydiving came up on the TV and I said "I have always wanted to do that" to which she replied "me too"So we found a place in the yellow pages and the following weekend we were jumping out of an airplane. Although I was terrified all the way up (and promised my self I would never do anything this stupid again if I live). When the door open I was thinking what did I get my self into? I remember I was to be the 4th jumper out so I had to watch 3 1st time jumpers before me. Right before me was my friend Sue. Sue never is afraid of anything- and I looked at her and she is very white. I was thinking don't chicken out-because then I will too.
Sue went, then the plane did a circle and it was my turn. I had to climb out on the strut of the plane, and when my instructor said go- I let go and away I went. Now I learned on the static line method so my chute automatically opened after 5 seconds. I don't remember much of that 5 seconds, but when my chute opened- I thought wow that was fun!
The picture is taken right before our first jump in September on 1986. This is one of Michael's favorite pictures- he keeps it on the wall on his side of the bed.
I skydived seriously for about 13 years and have over 1000 jumps. It is how I met my husband (maybe that should be my biggest adventure).
I skydived seriously for about 13 years and have over 1000 jumps. It is how I met my husband (maybe that should be my biggest adventure).
Blue Skies Everyone!!

16 comments:
Okay, can I just say "Wow"! And then "Double Wow"! I can't imagine just picking up the phone and doing that. What a brave girl you are! It sounds so exciting, but I'm not sure this chick...I mean chicken... could do it.
Hugs!
Kat
My hubby has always talked about skydiving! What an ADVENTURE!!!
I agree with everything Kat said, except that I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that this chicken could never do it! I've always said, "Why would I want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" But I'm so impressed that you can do it! I loved reading your story! :)
Hey - I thought I had your SIL's blog added but unless she has another one besides the joint craft/crochet blog, I don't have her's listed then. Please send me the blog address for her so I can post hers properly then on my blog. I had planned to introduce her to my other bloggers today - using the "Treat" theme!
I agree with the above comments. I don't think I could do it. I've contemplated it several times, but just...woah. It seems way too scary.
Thats cool though that after the once, you enjoyed it so much that you've done it over 1000 times. Awesome!
That is so cool Theresa. I love the pictures and story. I've always wanted to go sky diving too but I've lost the urge of late. I guess I should have done what you did and go for it. Great adventure story.
WOW and double WOW
what an adventure.
Oh wow, I could never ever in a million years, not for a million dollars, do that! I'm so impressed :)
over 1000? I guess it's like a tatoo addiction. Once you get one, you want more?
OMG!!! My brother in law use to say, "why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane". You have guts, girlfriend!!! I can see the excitement, but I would have to pass.
I have a little award for you. Stop by and see!!!
Awesome! I always wonder how it is. Something I would be too much of a chicken to do though.
Wow, you're braver than I am!!
Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts
How awesome.....mine was a tandem jump!! But if i could find a place around here to teach me and had a friend to go with to make it more interesting I'd do it too!! I'm sooooo jealous!! It was fate for you and your mate!!
You are a brave soul. I cannot even watch people jump out of a plane.
Just remember-when you and Michael take my boys, please don't tell me until after they have skydived.
I can't believe I missed TTT! Wow! What a dare devil. I would never jump out of a plane! I barely ride the rides at the fair! And how neat to meet your hubby that way.
Wow - I would definitely call this a big (HUGE) adventure!! I'm so afraid of heights, I have no desire to do this - EVER! Kudos to you for being so brave!!!
Post a Comment