Sunday, October 14, 2007

Menu Plan Monday #2

I was really impressed with how I stuck to my menu last week if I do say so myself (except for the sides due to left overs). So I am back planning again.


Michael really enjoyed the pork chops last week, he raved about the sauce which had apples and he didn't even know he liked cooked apples. So I decided I would try one new recipe a week- which is really easy because I have quite a cookbook collection thanks to my mom. The picture only represents about 1/4 my recipe collection.

So with out further ado here is my plan for the week...

Monday: Apple Hamburger balls in Pastry (see recipe below if interested). This is my new recipe of the week- in honor of Michael's new found love of apples. Sides-Michael, corn Me-some kind of beans.

Tuesday: Tri-Tip Steak on the grill (we have a local butcher that has great Tri-tip) Sides: Broccoli and Potato

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Wheat Pasta, Chicken, Broccoli, casserole in a cream of chicken sauce.


Friday: Chicken Cesar Salad


Here is Monday's Recipe from the Southern Living Meat Cookbook


Have a Great Week Everybody!



Over at Laura's the home of Monday Menu Plan, she had a cute fast personality test to take The Hundred Acre Personality Quiz my result is recapped in the following picture.

8 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Yum, the apple/hamburger balls in pastry sound delish but not on my diet!

I'm having wheat pasta tonight.
:-(

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh wow, look at you! Going all out on the menu planning AND sticking to it! Good for you! It all sounds delicious, and I bet the new one will too. You're doing better than me. I have tons of cookbooks and hundreds of recipes marked at websites. But do I make anything new lately? NO. Just the same old stuff!

Hope you have a terrific week!

Justabeachkat said...

I was winnie-the-pooh...exactly like you :-)

Hugs!
Kat

DigiscrapMom said...

Looks yummy to me!!!

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I have a little treat waiting for you over there.

Have a splendid week ahead!

Shelby said...

yummo :)

Jeni said...

My son-in-law built a really nice shelf unit in the dining room -nice high one, three big shelves, and I have to bottom on filled to overflowing with cookbooks! Love 'em! Cookbooks and knitting/crochet mags are just one of my many weaknesses. Not that I cook all that much from these, mind you, but I do gaze lovingly at many of the things in them. The hamburger/apple in pastry thing sounds really good -I'm going to have to give that a shot some time!

Anonymous said...

I'll be over on Friday for the salad!

Oh, and, FYI, I'm not "a very mischievous ghost"! *bats eyelashes innocently* I'm an EXTREMELY mischievous ghost! *laughing*

Have a great week, Theresa!

Linda Murphy said...

Apple Hamburger balls sounded "interesting" to me, but you never know until you try them!

I have a total of three cookbooks-I tend to go online for recipes. That way I don't have to actually keep cookbooks.

I do like wheat pasta! Yum!