As stated in my first Target Thursday I started trying to eat better for my blood sugar level.
To lower your blood sugar level you need to eat more protein than you do carbs. (It is also the concept of the South Beach Diet.)
So what you do is you look to see on the side of the package how many grams of carbs vs grams of protein you are eating. It is amazing how many carbs some foods have. I had no idea.
It is amazing but by balancing this level, it is easier to lose weight. Don't know why-it just seems to work (thanks to my mother the nurse for giving me this advice). It may be that there are a lot of calories in those tasty carb foods.
So although my picture is not that exciting today- protein drinks are one way to get more protein in your body. I put blueberries in the Soy Protein one and it is kind of tasty:)-(blueberries are one of the lower carb fruits). However to make Super Green taste good I put in one teaspoon of Carnation Vanilla instant Breakfast.
I also eat a lot of chicken and tuna these days.
Weekly progress: Down 2 pounds :)
8 comments:
Wow, congrats to you!
I typically follow the South Beach diet but I've been bad lately. My body definitely responds to low/no carbs and high protein. Keep up the good work!
I'll have to look into that! I can deal somewhat with the more chicken/tuna thing from time to time but trying to fix something for me, something separate for the rest of the family, plus allowances too for what quirks Maya has too regarding foods - phew, I have to find myself an easy way to circumvent all these things I do believe!
Congratulations. Two pounds in a week is great. I've always heard the target for weight loss should be 1 to 2 pounds a week. Now if I could stop losing and gaining that same 2 pounds, ha. Sounds like you are doing it the right way which is great.
Wow, congratulations! You're doing great and if you can drink those drink things, you're doing awesome! I'd rather eat chicken and tuna, I think, than try to down those drinks. Especially as a meal. It's a texture, chew thing with me, I have to have "food" :)
Just keep going, going, going - you can do it :)
Slower is better. I followed the Southbeach diet three years ago and lost 25 pounds. Now I've gained some of it back, because I've been eating bad carbs.No other diet ever worked for me.
Wow!! Two lbs. is great!! If I'm accepted into this wellness program through my health insurance, I'll be sure to share their advise.
Again, congrats!!!!
yay for you!! :)
I need to follow your lead..
Okay, I've been lax on the shakes for the last few days and hitting my Fiber One cereal for a change of pace. Blueberries are one of my favorites-for cereal, pancakes, smoothies, etc.
Congrats on the two pounds! I think you passed them over to me though!
Post a Comment