So Michael and I decided to go on a hike in the mountains on Sunday, because I do exert myself when I walk uphills.
Our goal was to go to Sturtevant falls which was 1.2 miles from where we started out. Well after hiking for about a 30 minutes we came across this sign- somehow we were now 1.25 miles from Sturtevant falls-hmmmm how could that of happened!
But none-the-less I did exert myself while hiking uphill, the best part is we actually passed another couple going uphill which is unheard of for me.
Weekly Progress: lost 1 pound
On a different note: Linda, over at {this & that} presented me with the Community Bloggers Award. She told me this award was created by Cellobella's over at Sultana Blog, where y
ou can read why she created this award.
Thank you Linda for feeling my blog is a friendly place to come to visit. I do look forward from hearing from my little "blog community" on what they think of my posts.
I would like to pass this award on to Carver at Carver's Sight or is that Site? because when she blogs about her travels I feel I am right there walking with her. (I also admire her car photography)
10 comments:
Hi Theresa,
Thanks so much for passing on the award to me. You made me laugh about the car photographs. I'll be taking a bunch of them this weekend because Bill (my ex-Husband) and I are heading to the mountains in the morning and he'll be driving. Much better to have a driver when I'm snapping pics.
I agree with Linda that your blog is a friendly place to visit and you are a supportive blogger when you visit others. I also feel like I'm right there with you when you post about where you go. That's great that you are hiking and that's fabulous about the weight loss. You are doing great.
The hike sounds great! I wish I had somewhere close by to go. I was so happy, last week I was down 1 pound. I weighed this morning. Up 1.5 pounds. ARGH. It's like a yo-yo around here :)
Have a great day!
congrats on the award!!
I love hiking in the mountains. We usually take a trip to the White Mountains in NH during the foliage. Gorgeous! Don't know if we'll make it up there this year. :-(
Plain old walking is what I really need to try to do but just can't seem to get the time to do that. However, this weekend - on Saturday - I'm going to be out strolling -and hiking a bit too since it is mountainous terrain and very wooded - down around the ghost town about two miles from my house. No, not near enough to impact the extra weight I'm carrying around but it won't hurt me either! Plus, I'm looking forward to this outing too!
Congraulations on the award and the hike.
Congrats on another award! You go girl!
I love to hike too. Sounds like a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Hugs!
Kat
great award and great hike too!! I need to hike more.. used to do that and I always feel so refreshed being in nature.
Wow, I know how much you are not an uphill person, so I am very proud and impressed.
Congrats on your continuing fitness!
I ♥ hikes...this one sounds awesome! :)
Great job on losing a pound! It's not easy AT ALL! :0
Yay, congrats on your award! :o)
Congratulations on this award, and your progress! You are so deserving - I guess that's why I awarded you this same award and a couple others. Your blog always provides encouragement for my own weight loss challenge! You always leave such sweet comments on my blog, and it is a pleasure to call you friend! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! :)
Post a Comment