
Today Annie has us travelling back to "Our First House"
... and here it is 37 Belfort Loop in Newark, Delaware the town I grew up in.
Now to understand how our first house came about you have to understand my husband Michael. I met Michael when I was 25 and he was a young pup of 21.
Michael did not ever want to get married or to own anything- so it was a very big surprise to me after 5 years of dating that he asked me to marry him (in what he calls one of his most romantic moves ever-I'll blog about that sometime).
Michael being the ever pragmatic person said here's the deal- I could get you a ring, but then we won't be able to get a house right away- So I chose the house (but don't feel bad my mother gave me her engagement ring to use, which makes it very special.)
The house was new construction and picking out the colors was very nerve racking, we chose very neutral colors (a far cry from the colors we paint with today). The things I loved about this house was the country kitchen (you can see the bay window off the side) . The front middle window was my walk in closet. But what I loved the most was the garden window (above the bay window) in the bath room, and below it was my jacuzzi tub.

6 comments:
That house is absolutely beautiful! I just love the architecture! Yep, I agree with you...I would have chosen the house and waited for a ring, too! Great story! :D
I'd so much rather have a house than a expensive ring...smart boy!
Given a choice like that, I'd have gone for the house first too! Priorities, practicality -my very essence! Yeah, right. Well a lot of the time that's true.
BTW -I have no idea how big Newark, DE is but a cousin of my Mom's lived there for many years -at 10 Azalea Meadowood. Where ever that is. He's a super guy -retired from DuPont -and I'll be seeing him and his wife this weekend in Indiana, PA at his sister's home where several of the cousins will gather for a small birthday party for him -not sure if this is his 78th or 79th.
What a lovely house. I admire how pragmatic you were about your engagement ring. I often am dumbfounded by people choosing a $30000 wedding over that much money for a house.
What a lovely house and a great story. I bet the garden window brought you much pleasure.
What a lovely house! I look forward to hearing the stories about Michael!
I was wondering, how far do you live from Anaheim?
Post a Comment