Sunday, October 21, 2007

Blogging Without Obligations


I ran across this sign at Sabine's and since Sunday is my only day that I do not have a specific meme to do, I thought it would be a great title for my Sunday's blog.


I just came from Jeni's sight where she talked about Sunday being a family day which is perfect because ever since I visted Shelby's post about two weeks ago I had this picture in mind to post. I thought of it again with the cousin question on Friday's Feast.

This is a picture of one of my aunts, who is also my godmother.

I am in the blue with the late 80's hair do. I am holding my sister's first born, whom I am the godmother of. (Time has flown-just this year her mother and I dropped her off at college).

I have always liked this picture of the generations of godmothers.

Picture taken July of 1989.


On another note Alison was so kind to give me this treat, it is for the person that you enjoy reading their comments they left you.

As I mentioned before, I love getting comments, and value all of them. I decided to pass this award onto one of my new readers whose comments I enjoy: Michelle of Shells Life

7 comments:

Jeni said...

Great pic of the Godmothers! Almost time for the youngest Godchild to start the sequence of Godparenting all over again!
Would you believe I have never been a Godmother? And only ever been in one wedding too (besides my own.)
My daughters have Godchildren - so does my son, even though he professes to not believe in organized religion, he is my granddaughter's Godfather, chosen because as her uncle, my daughter felt she knew him well enough to know and understand his principles and would be one who would teach Maya about Faith beyond the church's teachings.

Carver said...

I love the picture. That is so great to have the generations of Godmothers. All three of you look great.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Lovely picture and yes it what seems like a the blink the eye ,nieces and nephews grow and enter adulthood, have children of their own and the cycle begins again.
Congratulations on your award.

Nancy Face said...

That picture is wonderful in more ways than one...lovely to look at, and so special because of its meaning! :)

Congrats on your award! Isn't candy corn the cutest and happiest treat? :)

Linda Murphy said...

Love the picture!

Shelby said...

Beautiful photo, smiles, souls... you look gorgeous!!

happy happy day today :)

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh, thank you so much!! I am honored! I've been enjoying your posts and visiting your blog.

Thanks again!