Sunday, October 21, 2007

Menu Mondays

Last week the menu broke down a bit because of how much food the meatball recipie made. We had if for three nights-It was pretty easy to make, and was tastey-I cut the recipie in half next time. And for the other two nights we had the spaghetti chicken caserole- so I need to watch the proportions this week.

This Weeks Plan:

Monday: Ceaser Chicken Salad

Tuesday: Chicken Marsala (this is Michael's favorite meal) And this is the meal I will be trying out a new recipie for which is called Easier Chicken Marsala and the recipie is at the end of the blog.

Wedneday: Tuna Caserole

Thursday: Tri-Tip Steak on the Grill

Friday: Leftovers
On a side note I have a couple awards to share, thanks to Alison.


First the Wonder Women award: It didn't come with a description- but I am giving to Nancy at Nancy Nonsense of Nothingness because reading her blog I have been very impressed with what a wonderful person and mother she is and her home made Halloween costumes. I linked to her A to Z meme which was done last week and was also quite impressive.


The second award is the Community Blogger Award which is given to someone that promotes other blogs, and helps to extend the Blog community. Although I know she has already received this award I am passing this award onto Jeni at Down River Drive because she will post paragraphs on the blogs she reads which includes synopsis of what the blog and blogger is about. She also share the new ones that are worthwhile to read. And she intertwines this with Princess Maya stories, and the going ons in her small western PA town.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!



Easier Chicken Marsala
SUBMITTED BY: D. Alexander PHOTO BY: Caroline C
INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup Marsala wine
DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, garlic salt, pepper, and oregano. Dredge chicken in the mixture to lightly coat.
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken in the skillet for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned on one side. Turn chicken over, and add mushrooms. Cook about 2 minutes, until other side of chicken is lightly browned. Stir mushrooms so that they cook evenly.
Pour Marsala wine over the chicken. Cover skillet, and reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

7 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Congratulations on your awards! You deserve them! Thank you so much for the award you gave me...it makes me feel honored (and humbled) when a nice person like you thinks of me! :o)

Your menu sounds scrumptious! :)

Linda said...

I am so impressed with everyone who participates in this meme. I can't tell you what I'm having for dinner even tonight. Dinner time is so much easier when you plan.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yum, your menu sounds good! I'm so glad you're sticking with it and not giving up :) Sometimes you just have to adjust and keep going. I have learned to scale almost every recipe I make, since there's just the two of us.

Congratulations on the awards, they are very much deserved! I've really enjoyed finding your blog and reading your wonderful posts :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa! I'm back up, for only God knows how long..we had 30 minutes of power and then it went out again.

I wanted to say it's nice to see that you give awards to everyone, not always the same people. I like that! You have been very deserving of the ones you've received. I do like ya' plenty! LOL!

I'm dining with you NOW, and will do so also on Thursday and Friday! Mmmmmm...

Renee said...

Congrats on your awards! Great menu plan too. I am going to try out that chicken recipe...it sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'll add my congratulations.
Thanks for sharing the Chicken Marsala recipe. It sounds and looks delicious.

Justabeachkat said...

Congrats on your awards! Thanks for the recipe...sounds yummy!

Hugs!
Kat